TFoTM is in the process of confirming the whereabouts of the Westfield Police Department's emergency mobile command center. Sources have indicated that the MSOC is being showcased in Atlantic City, New Jersey, once again, at another expo.
The Police Security Expo event is being held in the Atlantic City Convention Centre on June 24th & 25th. "This event provides the Goods, Products and services relating to the industry associated with Law, Security, Governments, Safety and Homeland Security Professionals. The event will be celebrating the 28th Anniversary of the Police Security. This event is considered as one of the nation's largest showcase of goods, products and services related to many security agencies and industries. One of the unique aspects of the Police Security Expo is that it organizes the best displays for its exhibitors to display or to introduce their new products and services related to this industry."
TFoTM asks Mayor Skibitsky and town council members the following:
1. Who authorizes the use of the mobile command center outside of Westfield?
2. How much Westfield taxpayer money is spent when the mobile command center leaves the borders of Westfield to attend an expo?
3. Why is Westfield's emergency mobile command center being showcased or advertised by the police department in a city over 100 miles away?
4. Is the emergency mobile command center ready and available should an emergency arise in Westfield?
5. How much taxpayer money is being spent to send Westfield police officers to an expo? Hotel accommodations, meals, fuel, salary, overtime?
6. Is the Town of Westfield and/or police department involved in any contract to showcase the emergency mobile command center as an exhibitor on behalf of the manufacturer, specifically Robert Mount & Power Innovations of Utah?
7. Could this be considered wasteful spending, mismanagement of town resources, and deceptive actions by police Chief David Wayman, Mayor Andy Skibitsky, and Town Administrator Jim Gildea?
TFoTM asks the Westfield Taxpayer.....How are the potholes on your street?